Sunday, January 1, 2012

A new year, a new beginning

"For I know the plans I have for you," declares the Lord, "plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future."Jeremiah 29:11
This time of year always makes me think of new beginnings.  As the new year stretches out before us as, we can see a clean slate - one where past mistakes might be forgotten and new opportunities can be conquered.  There is also a mixture of excitement and uncertainty as we all look toward what the new year will bring.


I always find comfort in new beginnings through one of my favorite scriptures, God's great promise to us, His children, in the book of Jeremiah. My prayer for you (and continues for my family) is that our new year finds its foundation in this verse.  I pray that God will continue to reveal His perfect plan for you - the plan to prosper you and not harm you, to give you hope and a future. 
What an restful thought to know that God already knows what the future holds and has a plan for what we will face this year.  Please take some quiet time to rest in this security as you prepare to face your new beginnings.
Happy 2012 to you!
Love to all of you out there or no one - whichever fits. J

No comments:

Post a Comment