Sunday, January 22, 2012

Soulmate's daily devo

Every day Soulmate sends a daily devotion to our family. He calls it the daily devo.

This week he sent the following as a response to our inconsolable state at the untimely death of our precious son-in-law, Bill.  Bill and our daughter had only been married two months at the time of his death.  We loved him as a son. We loved so many things about him but especially how completely he loved our daughter.  Paul's words best convey the depth of our sadness.

22:1 My God, my God, why have you forsaken me?
   Why are you so far from saving me, from the words of my groaning?
2O my God, I cry by day, but you do not answer,
   and by night, but I find no rest.

3Yet you are holy,
   enthroned on the praises of Israel.
4In you our fathers trusted;
   they trusted, and you delivered them.
5To you they cried and were rescued;
   in you they trusted and were not put to shame. Ps. 22: 1-5

These words of David were repeated by our Lord upon the cross, as He suffered for our sins.  When we are immersed in painful trials, there are those things that we know in our spirit, but in the moments of our pain, seem so far away.  None the less, our God walks beside us.  

Please pray for our daughter as she begins life anew without her Soulmate.  Pray that she can feel God walking beside her.

With a broken heart today, J







1 comment:

  1. Praying for Lauren, the family, and you during this time. You are all loved!

    ReplyDelete